This is the start of a new adventure for me – a 90 day fast.
90 days of intentionally drawing closer to God.
90 days of spending more time with God than I do on any “given” day
90 days of sharing my journey
Day # 1
Let’s just say that I’m easing into this
Started the day with my usual start, coffee and exercise.
Breakfast was the first of many Breakfast “drinks” – meal replacement supplement.
After breakfast slowed way, way down on the coffee and went to “water” –
This is the part I hate – the start – I’m peeing more than praying today.
Snack: celery and peanut butter. Just yesterday that would have been Rolo’s and M&M’s.
Lunch was again the first of many “Cookies” – another meal replacement supplement.
More water, more restroom stops
Dinner: Sal’s – chips and salsa, chili verde tostada and Root Beer.
On Monday November 28th – Day 6 of the 90 day fast – I’ll start the first of  “21 day Daniel fasts” – water, fruits and veggies – No more Sal’s!
Today I also started a new Bible Reading Program, its a test run to possible be used when our church starts a corporate “Daniel Fast” on January 2nd, 2012 – that will be the start of my [2nd] “21 day Daniel Fast”
Reflections from today’s Reading: Daniel 10
• Daniel 10:3 [ESV] I ate no delicacies, no meat or wine entered my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, for the full three weeks. – i.e. 21 days!
• Daniel 10:12 [ESV] Then he said to me, “Fear not, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand and humbled yourself before your God, your words have been heard, and I have come because of your words.
Step One: set my heart to understand
Step Two: humble myself before my God
Step Three: Pray
What am I going to set my heart to understand?
• That I need God more than God needs me
• That God loves me more than I love Him.
• That believing is more than a nod to God, I need to follow Him, I need to be obedient.
• That I need to be intentional
How am I only to humble myself before God
• Practicing Spiritual Disciplines has lead
• Pray, Pray, Pray!
This is a long time coming, been long time since we’ve had a long conversation.
I confess that I’m beginning to understand that when it comes to “transformation” – I’m no where close to where I should be; given the number of years that I’ve claimed to be a Christian. On the road to being more like Jesus, I honesty take more steps backwards than I do forward.
I need to change, I want to change, I’m trusting you to change me.
May this 90 day journey be more about you than about me.
May you be glorified, praised and honored.
Set my heart to understanding
and let’s talk a lot