Day # 4 MADE TO LAST FOREVER
Favorite quotes from today’s reading:
- This life is not all there is
- You were made to last forever
- While life on earth offers many choices, eternity offers only two: heaven or hell.
- When you fully comprehend that there is more to life than just here and now, and you realize that life is just preparation for eternity, you will begin to live differently
- The closer you live to God, the smaller everything else appears.
- Death is not the end of you
- To make the most of your life, you must keep the vision of eternity continually in your mind and the value of it in your heart.
- God offers you an opportunity beyond your life – time.
- You need to think more about eternity, not less.
- The deeds of this life are the destiny of the next
Consider going to: http://purposedriven.com/day4 and listening to Rick Warren’s sermon: BELOW ARE MY NOTES FROM THAT SERMON
Day 4 – WHERE TO FIND THE HOPE YOU NEED – Rick Warren
- You need Hope to Cope
- God is the source of hope
“May God, the source of hope, fill you with joy and peace through your faith in Him. Then you’ll overflow with hope…” Rom. 15:13 (GWT)
“In Your name I will hope, for Your name is good.” Ps. 52:9
- How do you put “hope” in a name?
- In ancient cultures your name described your character.
- God has lots of names. For every need of man, God has a “name” that can match it.
Jehovah Shammah = “God is always there!”
- Hope is the anchor of life
BECAUSE GOD IS ALWAYS WITH ME…
1. HIS PRESENCE IS WATCHING OVER ME.
“Don’t worry, because I am with you. Don’t be afraid, because I am your God. I will make you strong and will help you. I will support you…” Is. 41:10 (NCV)
“I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.” Ps. 32:8 (NLT)
“I have hope when I think of this: The Lord’s love never ends; His mercies never stop. They are new every morning.” Lam. 3:21-23 (NCV)
2. HIS PURPOSE IS WORKING IN ME
- God is doing good things in my life, even when the situation is bad.
“We know that God causes all things to work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose.” Rom. 8:28 (NAS)
- Doesn’t say all things work out the way I want them to.
- Doesn’t say every thing has a happy ending
- Hope is the certainty that something makes sense regardless of how it turns out.
- Doesn’t say all things are good
- Doesn’t say God causes all things.
(God) “I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you hope and a good future.” Jer. 29:11 (NCV)
“God began doing a good work in you and I am sure He will continue it until it is finished when Jesus Christ comes again.” Phil 1:6 (NCV)
3. HIS PLACE IS WAITING FOR ME
- Our ultimate hope is in heaven.
“Don’t be troubled. You trust God, now trust in Me… I am going to prepare a place for you.” John 14:1-2 (NLT)
- Heaven is a place of release and relief
- A hope filled life is not a trouble free life.
“God has reserved for His children the priceless gift of eternal life; it is kept in heaven for you… And God, in His mighty power, will make sure that you get there safely to receive it because you are trusting Him… So be truly glad! There is wonderful joy ahead, even though the going is rough for a while down here.” 1 Peter 1:4-6 (LB)
“He will wipe away all tears from their eyes, and there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying, nor pain. All of that has gone forever.” Rev. 21:4 (LB)
“Listen! I have upheld you since you were conceived and I have taken care of you from your birth. Even when you are old, I will be the same. Even when your hair has turned gray, I will take care of you. I made you and will take care of you. I will carry you and save you. Can you compare Me to anyone? No one is equal to Me or like Me!” Isa. 46:3-5 (NIV & NCV)
“In God’s great mercy He has caused us to be born again into a living hope, because Jesus Christ rose from the dead.” 1 Pete 1:3 (NCV)
“Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isa, 40:31 (NIV)